Skip to main content
#
The Native Sons and Daughters of Greater Kansas City
Albert G. Boone Store

(Renamed Kelly’s Westport Inn)  
Westport Road and Pennsylvania Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed in 1959. In 1999, the 1959 plaque was replaced due to historical inaccuracies.

The store was constructed between 1850 and 1851 by William and George Ewing, licensed traders with the Shawnee Indians across the border in Kansas. The store was sold to Albert Gallatin Boone in 1854. It was drastically remodeled in the 1890s.

New
Mailing
Address

The Native Sons and Daughters of Greater Kansas City
PO Box 26071
Overland Park, KS  66225

Phone: 913-207-3310 Email: admin@nsdkc.org